Home Repair Program

We operate a home repair program for income-eligible homeowners.

We provide a grant equal to 90% of the repairs, and the homeowner is required to provide the other 10%.  If the owner is unable to provide the 10% match with their own funds, we will provide a loan at 3% interest.

Buffalo Eastside Home Improvement Program (BEHIP)

This home repair program is part of the Governor’s $50 Million in funding for a variety of Homeownership Programs for the Eastside of Buffalo.

This program is available to low-income homeowners who reside anywhere on the east side of Buffalo, within the city limits. There is a significant waitlist. The intake form on this page will secure your place on the waitlist.

You can either apply online or download the PDF form. You can submit hard copy applications by mailing them to our address or dropping them off at our office.

Other Requirements:  All taxes, including water & user fee, must be current.  Owners must reside in the property for either five or ten years (depending on the size of the grant),

Service Area:   we operate the program in the following area:

North – Best Street | East – Bailey | South – Seneca | West – Jefferson

Income Requirements:

Homeowners must be below 80% of area median income by family size, as follows:

OneTwoThreeFourFiveSixSevenEight
$49,150$56,150$63,150$70,150$75,800$81,400$87,000$92,600
One$49,150
Two$56,150
Three$63,150
Four$70,150
Five$75,800
Six$81,400
Seven$87,000
Eight$92,600

Because we get funding from several sources, we also have a program for homeowners below 50% of area median income, as follows:

OneTwoThreeFourFiveSixSevenEight
$30,700$35,100$39,500$43,850$47,400$50,900$54,400
$57,900
One$30,700
Two$35,100
Three$39,500
Four$43,850
Five$47,400
Six$50,900
Seven$54,400
Eight$57,900

Copyright 2021 Broadway Fillmore NHS Inc. All rights reserved. Site design by OtherWisz Creative